Thursday, June 9, 2011

Eye goop

Yesterday morning I noticed a little bit of goop in Porter's eye. As the day went on the goop increased. I would clean out his eye, put drops in it, and have him hold a warm washcloth to it. By the way, he absolutely HATES having drops put in his eye or even having us get close to his eye, so putting drops in was, shall we say, an event. He would sometimes say his eye hurt, but nothing real big. By the end of the day it was getting puffy. It's not pink eye, but we don't exactly know what it is. He would have a little bit of bloody tears too. Last night he woke up a few times complaining about his eye, mostly because it kept watering, tears being diluted with blood still, and getting even more goopy. So we cleaned it out again and gave him plenty of TP to wipe his eye with. When he woke up he came downstairs and was upset because he couldn't open his eye due to all the goop that was keeping it shut. But we cleaned it out and it's actually looking pretty good now. We have been giving him some good stuff to help boost his immune system, and he hasn't been complaining about it hurting or anything this morning and the bloody tears seem to have stopped. It's still puffy around his eye and kind of looks like he was hit in the eye. Great, now people are going to think we abuse our kids or something. Anyway, it's just weird. Lately there have been these weird flying bugs that bite you around your head and you don't notice you were bitten until you notice a ton of blood later. I was bit by one of those after playing with the kids at the park the other day and didn't notice it until I was in line to check out at Walmart. Yeah, that was great to notice lots of blood behind my ear and crusted blood in my hair while at Walmart. Really classy. Anyway, with the overload of weird bugs lately who knows if they had anything to do with his eye because we've been spending a lot of time outside lately. Or last summer he did have issues with dry eyes because of the pollen so it could be some weird allergic reaction too. But it seems to be doing better and at least the girls aren't having any issues.
This morning after we cleaned his eye so that he could open it.



Later in the morning and it's looking better.


Random, but these are some new shorts we just got him (with a $10 off thing at JC Penney we got the girls each a skirt and Porter these shorts, all on sale, and we only had to pay like $3.56 out of pocket) and I wasn't too sure about them. Jeff liked them and the girls were getting cranky so we just hurried and bought them. I'm liking them better now. And with Porter dressing himself he wanted that shirt with it, which is great that he coordinated the colors and all, but it wouldn't have been my choice. I need to put that shirt away because the sleeves are getting too short, but Porter doesn't care. Anyway, I just find it fun what he dresses himself in sometimes.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Poor guy! I'm glad he's looking better. I'm allergic to Mango and when I eat it, my eye gets all swollen and puffy. A couple of times it's gotten swollen almost shut (yes, even though I'm allergic to mango, I love it so I sometimes throw caution to the wind and still eat it). No goop or blood, though. But I totally feel for him!