Last Tuesday, June 7th, was our 8th anniversary. Yay! Jeff and I had planned on going on a date on Thursday night to take our little raft out on to the lake for possibly one last time while we are here and then out to dinner to this new Brazilian BBQ restaurant that some friends of ours had opened up a few months ago. We had been looking forward to a night just the two of us for a long time. We hadn't been out to a restaurant on a date, or at all, in months (because we are trying to save money and also because Jeff was trying out this product that his office was selling that was a weight loss thing, and he lost almost 50 lbs!). And not having really been out on a date without the kids in a long time, we were greatly in need of a break and some us time so we were SUPER excited for this date. Well, then Porter got his eye issue (which turned out to be pink eye, he just got it in a little different way, but more on that later) and we were going to have a girl from Jeff's office watch the kids and she always brings her two girls to come play with the kids and they are about 5 and 7 years old. We didn't know what was up with Porter's eye but we still wanted to go out so we decided to take Porter with us. Not the most romantic set up, but you deal with what you're given. What's funny is that just earlier that day Porter had said he wanted to go on a date with just Jeff and I, since it hasn't been just the three of us going anywhere since we had the girls. And at the restaurant kids eat free, which is good because the price for adults isn't cheap there. So it worked out that we were able to have a date night with the 3 of us.

On our boat on Fernan Lake. I had just gotten a haircut (for free :)) that afternoon so here it is. It's another a-line haircut. I'm definitely happy with it. I was trying to grow out my hair but it was just annoying the crap out of me, so off it went.



Attractive, eh?

Porter kept saying that I was so pretty that day, probably because I actually put makeup on, which is rare, and I had just had my hair cut, so he said he wanted a picture of me to have in his room and he wanted to take the picture right then, but I had to take my red jacket off first. Guess he didn't like it, ha ha. This is the pic that he took.

And of course I had to get a pic with my sweet boy. We printed them up after he went to bed and put them on his dresser. He's so funny. He keeps those pics with him and he keeps saying he likes the one of just me because you can see all of me. I think with his whole eye issue he just wasn't feeling the best and he was wanting lots of extra cuddles and loves. I love when he is like that. You know, when kids don't feel well they just want their mom. He loves his mama :)
3 comments:
That is so sweet of him to want a picture of you. What a charmer.
Oh, and happy anniversary.
What a little sweetie. Glad he had a fun little date with you guys!
Post a Comment