I hadn't planned on officially announcing that we were pregnant for a few more weeks, but we told family and a couple of friends, then others asked us straight out if we were and we couldn't just lie, while others found out through other people. So I figured why delay the official announcement. Anyway, the baby is due July 27th, but as we all know babies come whenever they are darn well ready, so we'll see when he/she actually comes.
We are pretty dang excited. I look at Porter and how stinkin cute and fun he is and how blessed we are to have him and I can't wait to have more kids. Then I remember how it was being pregnant. Someone had told me towards the later part of the last pregnancy that I should have written how I was feeling down so I would remember how crappy it was the next time I wanted to get pregnant. I'm not good at keeping journals so that didn't happen, I just trusted in my memory of being pregnant to remind me how I very much didn't enjoy it. But, just like all women who give birth, I forgot the pain and discomfort and wanted to get pregnant again. Once I was pregnant though I started to kind of freak out about how I was going to handle pregnancy, a toddler and a job at the same time.
You see, with Porter I was sick and throwing up for the first 18 weeks. Some days I would throw up 6 or 7 times. I was miserable. But after the morning sickness wore off it wasn't too bad. I was just uncomfortable all the time, had major heartburn and couldn't really sleep. In comparison to other pregnant women though, the last half of my pregnancy wasn't too bad. It was that first half that I was concerned about this time. My doctor did reassure me that every pregnancy was different so I could easily not be so sick with future pregnancies. Well, this pregnancy has proved to be totally awesome compared to the last one. By this point last time I was well acquainted with the toilet and the bathroom floor. But this time I have felt a little nauseous here and there but it isn't constant and I haven't thrown up...except for when we got the flu or food poisoning a week or so ago, but that's different. I wonder if it has anything to do with how I am starting this pregnancy 40 pounds lighter than the last one and I eat way healthier and actually work out. The working out and staying active actually helps with my nausea. So I think that because I am all around way healthier than I was last time that this time will be much easier.
Right after we found out I was pregnant I asked Jeff to give me a blessing and in it he said that this pregnancy will be better than the last one, but not easy. I guess you can't really expect pregnancy to be totally easy for anyone, but I am okay with that as long as it is better than last time, so I am prepped and ready for what lies ahead. I think it also helps that I know what to expect this time as well. I am planning to keep my weight gain to a minimum with continuing to exercise and eat healthy...no 50 pound weight gain like with my first pregnancy. You would think with how much I threw up that I would have lost weight, but with my inactivity and crappy eating that was no such luck. My only concern is that I will have to keep working, even right after I have the baby up until Jeff finishes school. Having a newborn while working and already having a toddler will be a challenge. It would be different if I was able to take 8 weeks maternity leave or was able to have someone care for my baby while I worked, but that won't happen. I just need to suck it up and do it. But I also know that everything will just work out, because it always does. Keeping my sanity until things work out will be the challenge...
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

6 comments:
Sorry I was one that found out through other people...Congrats though. I am so happy for you!!
Aren't blessings from husbands the best?! I am glad that you are feeling so much better this time around and hope it continues. If anyone can handle a newborn, a toddler, and a job, it's you! I have no doubt that you will handle everything amazingly well. Can't wait to find out what baby #2 is!
Keeping your sanity will definitely be the challenge! I think I've lost mine a time or two just in the last 9 months... we'll see how the next few months are! I did want to say that having a toddler and working makes it MUCH easier to NOT gain all the weight! I have 1 week left and I've only gained 22 lbs compared to the 39 lbs last time!! I'm pretty dang happy! I'm hoping after having this one I'll end up skinnier than when I started. THAT would be awesome!! Congrats and you will definitely survive! Porter's older so he should be able to help more than Amelia does/will. You'll be great!! Don't stress!
Amy I will be around to help you. Don't worry you will have plenty of help. All of your friends are here for you.
I'm so excited for you. And I'm glad that you aren't as sick with this one. Maybe it's because it's a girl. OOHH! Very exciting!
I'm with you there on wondering how I'm going to handle everything when the baby comes...but what you said is true, it always works out. Congratulations!! We're excited for you guys!
Post a Comment