Yup, food poisoning. Last night I made this simple dinner that was a soup with green peppers, onions, canned black beans, canned coconut milk, yummy herbs and lime juice, topped with cheese. That was it, no meat or anything. Jeff and Porter also had tortillas with it, but I didn't. The moment I finished the soup I felt like crap. I had only had one bowl, yet right when I finished I felt like I had completely stuffed myself. We had to go to the store after dinner so we went. While we were out I kept feeling worse and worse. On the way home I had my head hanging out the window to get fresh air. When we finally got home I went right into the house and left Porter and what we had bought in the car for Jeff to bring in and I went straight for the bathroom and totally hurled. There my dinner lay, in front of me in the toilet. I was drained so I just laid on the bathroom floor. Jeff came in and helped me get up, then I just went to the couch and laid down, which is where I stayed the rest of the night until I went to bed. Porter was cute, he knew I wasn't feeling well and that bothered him. So that left Jeff to get Porter ready for bed and put him to bed.During all of this Jeff wasn't really feeling well either. As the night went on he started to feel worse, but it affected him differently. Instead of throwing up, he got the runs, which continued through the night. After Porter was in bed, since I was on the couch and not wanting to move, we just watched some TV. Then I threw up again...but I did make it to the toilet again. This time it was the last little bit of my dinner that came up mixed with pink - while we were at the store we had gotten some pomegranate diet 7 up to help my stomach. We didn't sleep very well last night. And this morning we are both feeling pretty crappy. Thank goodness Porter barely ate dinner - he mostly just ate his tortilla, but he's not up yet so who knows, I could walk in there and see him laying in his puke, which wouldn't be the first time. We've been trying to think about what it was that did this, but all we had was some veggies, which looked good, some canned stuff and herbs. It must have been something that was canned. Totally not cool...you think that you're safe with canned stuff, especially when the expiration date is still far away, but it turns out to tear open your insides. Oh well, I guess we'll never really know what it was from. Needless to say, we're not going to be doing much today.

7 comments:
I guess I shouldn't read blogs that are titled Food Poisoning while I am eating breakfast. Feel Better!!
There is a horrible flu going around. Are you sure it's not that? Kevin got what Amelia had this last Friday. It's miserable... Well whatever you have I hope you feel better! It's never fun to throw-up!
-Alyssa
You poor thing! I think I agree with the comment before mine, maybe it is that flu that is going around, i mean, its so hard to believe that that dinner made you sick! it was so healthy!! Hope you have a relaxing day home today :)
No bueno! My sister was totally puking last night, too! She went to the doctor, though, and they didn't know if it was something she ate or a virus. Sounds like yours was definitely something you ate, though. Weird. Hopefully you're over it fast.
Thanks for all the graphic descriptions of the barf, really enjoyed that. Anyway, I hope you get better soon.
I'd be more inclined to blame the veggies. Canned goods, if bad, make the can swell. Sorry for your "issues"!
I hope you all feel better soon!
Post a Comment