Thursday, December 4, 2008

Red Robin - Friend or Foe?

Tonight I was going to make this yummy and oh so nutritious meal for dinner. Then work happened. It's the first week of the month, which is rent week, so it's the busiest time for me at work. Plus I had a few move ins this week and a move out today and another one coming up. Then Porter woke up early from his nap, which makes working much more difficult. So I didn't finish working until after 6pm, and we normally eat at 6pm. Thus, I had no desire or energy to make dinner. So we decided to go out to Red Robin...not really great for the wallet or the waist.


At Red Robin there was someone dressed up as the Red Robin walking around. When he got to the table a few tables away from us we noticed Porter staring at him, then leaning as far away from his as possible. Then Red Robin turned toward our direction and started walking, followed immediately by Porter freaking out and crying. Needless to say Red Robin didn't stop at our table and kept on walking by. But he stopped at the other end of our aisle where Porter could still see him, so Porter kept crying...and we noticed that he was also shaking. Poor little guy. Can you imagine what a walking, gigantic red bird looks like to a toddler? It took awhile but we got Porter calmed down after he couldn't see Red Robin anymore. Mental note - don't get Red Robin to come to Porter's birthday...ever.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

haha that is kind of funny but sad :(
Sophia crys when she sees
Chuck-ee-cheese! So be careful with Porter if you ever go there!

Olivia said...

Yeah, Chuck E Cheese was made for the sole purpose of terrifying children. And wait till you go to Disneyland. Gigantor ants and mice walking around with freakish grins and dressed like people. I still have nightmares.

Linds said...

Hey, that would freak me out. Liza's the same way. She hates people dressed up like big characters or animals. I think we'll have to wait a little longer for Disneyland.

Katie said...

My sister still freaks out when she sees any mascots...she is 24 :)

Chris said...

Maybe Porter thinks he is a worm.

Laura Thompson said...

The fries definitely make up for any traumatic episodes our children may have there. By the way, I tagged you--see my blog "6 Random Facts" to see what to do.

Gordita said...

I'm just glad that Red Robin had the sense to keep walking, right past Porter. Poor little guy!