We are in California this Christmas. We left this morning, so we had our own Christmas last night really quick after dinner and before bed. I would have liked it to be longer and more festive, but I was busy packing, we had people over for dinner, and we had such an early flight that we had to go to bed. We hopped on a plane this morning at 6:50am to Southern California, with a stop in San Jose. Not very fun, by the way. I am soooo not a morning person and I had to wake up at 4:15am, and Porter, who doesn't get up until 9am normally, had to get up at 5am. He handled the plane ride pretty well, but he was cranky all day. And I am a person who needs a ton of sleep, so add on my pregnancy fatigue and I was also cranky today. In fact, I need to go to bed, so this post will be short. Anyway, Christmas is sooooo much more fun as a mom. Last year Porter wasn't even one year old yet so he didn't really understand what was going on. He still didn't really understand this year, but he was old enough to enjoy opening presents, saying thank you for them, and playing with them. Plus it was fun to be with family and have Porter play with his cousins. We will be in California until next Thursday, so tons of time to hang out with family. I really want Porter to know his extended family so these trips are pretty important, and tons of fun as he is getting older. After this trip I will post more info and pictures of all the festivities. Hope everyone had a fabulous day!

2 comments:
I am glad you guys made it there safe. I was thinking about you all week knowing that flights were still getting canceled. Merry Christmas!
Glad you had a good time. And Christmas is so much more fun with children and family. We had a great day too. I have a TON of blogging to catch up on. We just need internet at our house.
Post a Comment