When I was in high school and in my early 20s I wouldn't be caught dead out in public without any makeup on and my hair done. I was very concerned with what people thought of me, and perhaps a little vein. Well, things have changed. I realized that I only officially "get ready" for the day on Sundays. Maybe another day during the week if there is a big to do we need to go to, but generally just for church. And by get ready I mean actually put makeup on and do my hair. Of course I shower every day (or most days, ha ha!), that's just gross not to.
My normal choice of clothing is even just a simple shirt (not an ugly t-shirt, but usually something cute and fitted) and pajama pants. Hey, they're comfy. Sometimes if I need to go out and run errands I will actually put on jeans. If you see me in public with jeans on you can bet that I changed into them right before leaving the house and that as soon as I get home I will change right back out of them. And if you see me wearing make up, well then just count yourself lucky. I may sometimes "do" my hair, meaning that I pull it back and put some kind of cute little hair thing in it, but that's just to get it out of my face while I do my mommy duties, plus I'm trying to grow it out and it's at that annoying stage.
But there are a couple of reasons why I don't wear makeup much. First off, my makeup is expensive. Why bother putting it on if only my kids, some random mom, or the grocery store person is going to see it? Jeff is gone all day anyway, but by the time he gets home I still make sure I look somewhat presentable and cute - as much as you can without makeup on. (You say you love me no matter what, right bebes? And besides, I'm just trying to save us money :)) Also, you factor in the cost of using the eye makeup remover plus the stuff I use to get the makeup off my face and it all adds up. Then the other reason I don't wear it much is because it takes time to put in on, and time to take it off (I refuse to sleep with my makeup on - it messes up my skin). My mornings are pretty jam packed, especially if I need to actually go to the gym for my work out or if I need to take Porter to preschool. Also, in the winter when it's snowy/rainy and windy outside what's the point in getting all dolled up if just going outside will mess it up?
So there you have it, I have turned into one of those moms who never wears makeup and is always in her pjs. I said I would never be like that, but reality hits and times change. At least I have almost lost all of my baby weight so I'm more slender now, meaning that I haven't completely let myself go - doesn't that count for something?
Seven Minutes
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment