Speaking of last night's sleep, I had a weird dream. In my dream I was a live donor that donated part of my hypothalamus gland and part of my gallbladder. The person who was getting them was an older, larger man. There were three other younger people like me donating random organs to three old people. And for the surgeries they did all of them at once in a big restaurant style kitchen. After the surgeries we all got up and went about our day not phased by it at all. Yes, it was random and a little creepy.
When Jeff read my post this morning that I wrote yesterday about cleaning the kitchen he asked me if I really cry in the corner during the kid's naps. He was serious when he asked me. I had to laugh. Of course I wasn't serious! You're funny bebes :) Then I wondered if anyone else thought I was serious about that. I don't want people thinking that I'm losing it or anything. I think I've got a pretty good handle of things on the homefront. I may complain here or there about random things, but all is well. I feel pretty blessed in life. There definitely are the normal bumps in the road that everyone has, but nothing too bad. I just know myself and know that I don't want to add anything else to the chaos right now because that may push me over the edge, but for now all is good. In fact, I am trying to simplify life in any way that I can so that I can focus on what's truly important in life (family, health, spirituality). I have been doing research and looking into the minimalist lifestyle and am intrigued. So I have been slowly getting rid of extra "stuff" in my life - physical and mental clutter, extra activities that take away from my primary life focus, etc. Some day I will post more on what I have been finding on this journey. Also, about yesterday's post, I would like to point out that Jeff does help out when he's home too. (There, are you happy Jeff, ha ha).
The kidlets earlier this morning. A little current info on each kid:Even though Scarlet is sleeping better at night she has still been extra needy/clingy so I think something is still going on. I'm definitely enjoying the extra cuddles from her - she's usually not the cuddly one. And she is such a ham. She'll quickly crawl somewhere, then stop, get up on her knees, make the cutest sound, and hold out her hand to some random thing and make the cutest little face. She is such a character.
Simone is always trying to figure out how things work. It is fun to see her sit there with something and fiddle away at it trying to understand it better. Her recent thing has been closing doors...mostly on Scarlet. It's great she's trying to figure out the world around her but it's getting a tad annoying...for Scarlet.
Porter is a sponge just soaking in everything around him. He is learning to read and write so fast. And he learns songs super quick. His imagination is just awesome right now - he'll be playing something or say something and I'll wonder where the heck he got that.
I am learning so much from my kids. I know I say it a lot, but I am truly grateful to get to be a mom and that I get to stay home with my kids all day to see and enjoy all their fun little quirks. They do grow up so fast so I just need to remember to slow down and enjoy these early years.

1 comment:
LOL
You never cry in a corner? Not even a little? Ha ha, you're going to make me jealous. I'm not ashamed to admit that there have been days, espescially with newborns, where I bawled in a corner, yes, the UGLY cry. Glad to see you are doing well and hope the jinxing thing doesn't happen too often. Babies have a way of keeping us humble. You're doing a great job!
Post a Comment