I totally jinxed myself in writing yesterday's post. I had said that the girls were doing better at sleeping at night, almost back to normal...then last night came. Scarlet was great, she didn't make a peep after I put her to bed up until it was wake up time this morning. Simone was a different story. She kept waking up, which is weird because she is the rock star sleeper of the two. But the two nights before she was the one who didn't make a peep all night. My only guess is teething because they definitely aren't sick anymore. Porter was the rock star sleeper of all sleepers. From 9 weeks old I can count on one hand the number of nights that I had to go in to him during the 12 hours at night in his first year. And teething never really phased him. But these girls are more touchy about things. Anyway, my point is that I didn't get a good night's sleep last night which makes for a moody mommy.
And that leads to the other thing that I jinxed myself with in yesterday's post. I talked about how I felt I had a pretty good handle on things. Ha! Well, even those who may think they have control of things can have an I-want-to-pull-my-hair-out day. Well that was this morning for me. I blame it on the lack of sleep. But I would like to point out that even though I didn't get my 8 hours of sleep that I like (hey, I'm high maintenance when it comes to sleep) I did still work out this morning. I figured I was up so I might as well exercise. So even with all of the natural endorphins you get from working out I was still grumpy. And it was the girls, not Porter, that were the challenging ones. Porter had preschool, thank goodness. But with the girls anytime I open the bathroom door (we keep them closed at all times - with babies you have to) they bolt right in and go for the toilet. I'm sorry, but even if I have recently cleaned it that still grosses me out to have their hands all over it. And then, even if I pause for a second before putting the gate up on the stairs the girls go right for them at lightening speed. Simone can basically handle going up and down the stairs, but I still don't trust her doing it when I'm not there. Scarlet on the other hand will lean back and start to tumble if we aren't there to catch her, so I definitely don't want her on the stairs unattended. The landing isn't at all cushy so if they fall it won't be a pretty sight. So I felt I was chasing the girls around all morning. Oh, and the girls are also randomly boycotting food, so feeding them food has recently been a pain.
Ahhh, it does feel good to vent sometimes. What's funny though is that yesterday was a pretty dang good day. For Christmas Jeff and the kids had given me a gift certificate to get an hour massage (Jeff does trades with someone who is a massage therapist), and since Jeff has Tuesday afternoons off I got my wonderful massage yesterday. Then my parents had given us a gift card to Red Lobster for Christmas so we went there for dinner last night. And that was truly wonderful because I didn't have to make dinner or clean it up. So yesterday was like a mini vacation for me, but today I was back on duty, starting with getting up with Simone last night. The life of a stay at home mom, especially with twins, doesn't get boring :)
The Joy of Falling Behind
6 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment