Here it is. A Blentec blender. And yes, I got it in red because that is the best color ever. I use it at least twice a day. We have only had it a few months, but boy have we been getting our money's worth out of it. These can be pricey, but we got it when Costco was having a demo about it so we got a good deal. Honestly, if they had been demoing the Vita Mix we probably would have bought that one. We had been doing our research on the two and they both have their own pros and cons, so we felt we were good to go with either one. Here's why we got it:Almost every morning I make a yummy and nutritious shake for breakfast. Someday I will post the recipe, but I also change it up every now and then. Anyway, when I used to do it using a regular blender I would have to put some of the ingredients in, turn it on, put more in, turn it on again, then put the last few ingredients in and blend it one last time. It would take awhile. For these shakes we also use almond milk and the good ol natural peanut butter, both of which can be pretty pricey. (As a side note, the reason we use almond milk is because we used to get milk from a friend who has a cow, which is soooo good for you, but the cow is now pregnant so it doesn't produce much milk, then after the calf is born it won't have any extra milk for a while, and we refuse to buy regular milk at the store because pasteurization totally kills all the good stuff in the milk, plus the milk is loaded with antibiotics and hormones and I am not about to give my family that stuff. But that is our personal choice, and that topic could be it's own whole post, so I won't go further into that.) So Jeff started looking into making our own and kept coming upon the Vita Mix or Blendtec because those are the only high powered blenders that could easily handle making those things.
So we kept going back and forth about the blenders, also due to cost, until one day we were at Costco and they had a Blendtec guy there. So we saw the whole demo and got to ask the guy all of our many questions. Then we left and continued our shopping, all the while discussing the blender. Well, it was a good deal, the blender has an awesome warranty (we have worn many blenders out during our marriage so the warranty was a must for us), easier to clean, and it could make anything (it came with a recipe book too). So we bought it - Marry Christmas to us! With the money we have saved from all the stuff we have made (which is also healthier than buying the stuff already made for you) it is totally paying itself off.
Seriously, the blender can make anything. With it's multiple settings and high power I can dump all ingredients in for my shake all at once and just turn it on. Anything that makes my life easier is awesome in my book. So with it I make our morning shakes, smoothies for lunches, soups for lunch/dinner, we have healthy ice cream every night using spinach/cabbage and without adding sugar (yes, even with eating ice cream every night I am still losing weight), we make super delicious and healthy peanut/almond/cashew butter, almond milk, our yummy pancake batter (this blender works way better than our food processor, which is what we used to use to make this), different dips/sauces/fondue, and I will be making my own almond flour this week. And the kids all eat everything we make with it, which is awesome because it is all healthy homemade stuff that doesn't have processed crap in it. And even for the soups it doesn't heat the veggies up too much to kill all the nutrients. So, like I said, it is my favorite kitchen appliance and I use it multiple times a day. I highly recommend it :)

3 comments:
Have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Kingsolver. You would really really like it. And post your recipe sometime.
Plus the BlendTec guy is LDS. His son is in my sister's ward.. I also really like BlendTec blenders as I used them all the time making smoothies at the gym. No other blender really compares because it will blend anything! Have you been to www.willitblend.com yet? That's the founder blending everything and videotaping it. Great stuff! My brother-in-law and I blended a cell phone and a computer mouse.
please post your awesome recipes and diet! would love to hear what you are doing. i have a vita mix and could sell them i love it so much, but i do not do anything other than smoothies, so recipes PLEASE!!!
Post a Comment