Winters are a little difficult in Post Falls because it's dang cold outside and snowy most of the time, so you can't really go outside too much to play with the kids. With Porter I could, but it's a little more difficult with the girls. If they could walk it would be a different story. Plus I plain just don't feel like being cold too often so why leave the warm house to hang out in the windy cold. When we moved here I was surprised at how much there wasn't to do for kids. The closest free indoor playgrounds that I know of are about 15 minutes away, and we do go there (in fact we went to one of them yesterday and another one this morning) but it would be nice if there was one a little closer. So after the kids woke up from their naps today it was still light outside so I thought we would go for a walk. I had to get the mail anyway so why not make a little trip out of it. So I bundled us all up, without using the bulky snow gear, and we set out for a walk. Three minutes into it Porter says he can't feel his face. So we headed back. California, oh how I miss thee!

No comments:
Post a Comment